PUMAROSA is a free, interactive (with voice), bilingual web site for beginning and intermediate adult Spanish-speaking ESL students.
Students with little or no computer skills are able to start learning English immediately – plus computer basics.
Focusing on English pronunciation, PUMAROSA assists the students in their transition to English Only.
PUMAROSA also serves as an effective teacher’s aide, particularly in MULTI-LEVEL, MULTI-LINGUAL CLASSES.
Teachers who incorporate PUMAROSA.com into their adult ESL classes have found:
- Increased student interest and enrollment.
- Increased student confidence when speaking English before and after class.
- Increased frequency of speaking English in class.
- Increased computer literacy.
- Increased family literacy.
- Decreased the “silent period” significantly.
- Increased student retention.
- Increased community interest.
PUMAROSA also serves as a basis for a Family Literacy/ESL Distance Learning program. Many adults own computers and can use the internet.
PUMAROSA can be incorporated very well in a Workplace English class. A company or factory can set up computer kiosks in a lunchroom or classroom for employees.